Sunday, July 26, 2009

"My 'troller"

A couple weekends ago we gathered for the Grove-Pollock July birthdays. Eleanor received several great gifts but the biggest hit was the stroller from Grandpa and Charlotte. For well over a year she has enjoyed pushing her stroller. It actually started before she could walk and she would push her stroller while crawling on her knees. Our recent neighborhood walks are often slowed down as she wants to help push Jackson, so we should have known how much she she would love her own stroller.

She knew what it was right away and was excited to see it. Luckily Skyler and his engineering skills were there to help put together the dozen or so pieces.

She watched him intently every step of the way. We had trouble getting her attention to other gifts to open as she couldn't take her eyes off her "troller".

Once it was complete she grabbed it and began pushing it around saying, "My 'troller" over and over. Once we put a Raggedy Ann in the seat it was all over as she kept pushing it and checking on her baby every few steps.

After a few hours when it was time to leave the thrill of her new toy had not worn off. She insisted that the stroller ride next to her in the back seat and once we got home she continued to push it around for almost two hours until well past her bedtime. When we finally took her upstairs she needed it within sight and kept interrupting her books and videos with, "my 'troller". I'm sure she dreamed of pink strollers that night, as the first thing she said when she awoke was "my 'troller". In a conservative estimate I'd say Wendy and I heard "my troller" over 150 times in 24 hours.

Another phrase she has been saying lately are "ank you, mommy/daddy" when we give her something. We would like to thank the new school for this new politeness in our girl. As she gets more independent she is also saying "I did it!" whenever she puts on socks/shoes, removes a button/snap, replaces a pen cap, washes her hands, pretty much anything equals "I did it!".

The other morning I woke up to her repeating "I did it" over and over again for 10 or so minutes until she started calling for me. I should have been more apprehensive as to what she "did" while in her crib, as when I walked into her room she was completely naked holding up a diaper for me to dispose of, saying "Daddy! I did it!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is by far the smartest baby ever. I enjoyed being there and celebrating her 2nd birthday this year and already miss all of you. She amazed me everyday we were together she kept me on my toes answering all her questions. I love the intent look on her face as she watches Skyler put together the stroller is priceless it truly was the perfect, gift Koodos to Grandpa and Charlotte. Keep the photos coming and thank you for letting me come and watch the little one's while you enjoy a little time away. Loved it. Mama

Beth said...

She did it! Great post.