Friday, April 22, 2011

This is what happens

when dad takes the kids to the park solo.

We had a nice walk and were playing at the new park 2 blocks from our house. I was pushing Nora in the swing and Jack came running towards me, tripped and his head landed on the pole holding up the swing set. I knew it was bad and not his normal fall (which we have gotten used to seeing), he was crying and trying to scream when I scooped him up. I turned to tell Nora it was time to go, argued with her for 20 seconds and when I turned back to Jack it looked like he was trying to smuggle a golf ball in his forehead.



Nora was still not happy to leave the park despite his obvious injury, so it was an interesting 2 block walk home to Mama. when I took the picture of Jack, Nora asked why I didn't take one of her. "You want a picture of you pouting while Jack is hurt?", I asked. "Yes!" So here is a picture of Nora pouting that we had to leave the park early even though her brother suffered a head contusion.


She did soften up a few minutes later and suggested we give Jack a "magic lollipop" to make his head feel better. We let Jack pick out a grape dum dum and after a few licks, he responded that his head did feel better. Magic lollipops, who knew?

We obviously kept an eye on Jack and he seemed back to himself before bed. He was ornery and good to go the next morning and hasn't shown any ill effects. His bump has now turned blue/purple and is draining around his eye. If the blue keeps going to his eye he will look like a boxer in a couple days.

No comments: