Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday the 13th

The coolest news ever is being told that you can choose your own child's birthday. And our kid is (hopefully) going to be born on July 13, 2007. Friday, the 13th (insert creepy music here). Yep, instead of a C-section, I will be induced if I do not spontaneously go into labor between now and July 13th. When Dr. Vanek asked us what day we would like this to happen (with choices of 13th, 14th, or 15th), we chose the 13th. This is no lie, Geoff said to me MONTHS ago, "wouldn't it be great if the baby was born on Friday the 13th?" At the time, I said "No, of course not!" But, now I have come around...13 is a low prime number, the SEVENTH prime number in fact, so the baby could be born on the 7th month, on the day of the 7th prime number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11 being the first six of course), on the 7th year of the Millennium. HOLY COW, that is cool. Or, the 13th is exactly half way between Geoff's birth day (10th) and mine (16th). Or, that makes it an odd numbered day, month, and year of birth (opposite of mom, who was born on an even day, month, and year and half like dad who was born on an odd month, even day, and odd year). Supposedly, you are lucky in parking if born on a Friday (mom was!)

Added bonus: Apparently, this is not a popular day to choose for a baby's birthday (now I really love it, can't conform even in this if we can avoid it), so the Baby Mill hospital should not be busy, at least not with inductions. Latent meaning: I should have no problem getting my anesthesia, pain meds, or attention. Plus, this is 12 days before my due date, so it feels like making it to the early bird special. OK, two more cool things: I have scheduled my time off work and can place my phone and email "away" messages with tidy return dates AND my mom gets here from Oregon on July 12th, a plane ticket she bought about 4 months ago.

So, look for the email announcement of Baby Grove's arrival, we will try and post things up here as soon as possible, ,although we do not travel with iPhones that can post blog pictures from remote locations, so it may be a few hours/days post-birthday. If you are reading this, you have probably figured out that the Columbus baby shower planned for July 14th has been canceled for now and will be a baby meeting party sometime in August. Ta ta for now, Soon-to-be-Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only my baby the statistician (sp) could look at a date and see the mathematical properties that makes a birthdate a positive thing. weren't you the one that figured put the Wehage grandchild male female pattern? I think so.
This grandma is beyond excited to see my Ohio family. I can't put into words the feelings I have, What I can say is, there was another time in my life that I was blessed and that happened about 33 years ago.
To Geoff, Wendy and Baby love Thank you. I can't wait to see you.

Meg Weber Jeske said...

Thinking of you and sending so much love. an't wait for the update, will check back often...

Love Meg, Kelly & Quincy in Portland