Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our Last Week




Well, it is one week until I return to work and I am both terrified and eager...I know I will be a better mom if I have work that I enjoy and feel good about, but leaving my kid while she is still so young is very hard. I know the pull is not unique and that most parents feel this tension, but I just hope she will be OK. So, here are some of the latest pictures of Eleanor, sleeping and in her Bengals cheer leading outfit (Dad is teaching her how to yell "Who Dey" right now). We think she is so darn cute, we keep taking her picture! So, here is the latest from the Grove household...
Eleanor will be going to various family & friends' houses for the next 3 weeks while her school is being finished. Then, she will be starting at a brand new Goddard school in downtown Columbus. Her mom & dad, in the meantime, will see how they handle a baby and working full time! It has been so luxurious staying at home for 7 weeks, so wish us luck that we don't get all crabby.
Eleanor gets to meet her uncle Whit and uncle Ben this weekend, both visiting for her Daddy's annual fantasy football draft. That means lots of Mommy & Baby time Friday and Saturday, so we are planning on going to the Greek Festival and doing some shopping, and hanging out at Starbucks (Eleanor's favorite). So, maybe we'll see you out and about! Hugs from us, the Mama

2 comments:

Meg Weber Jeske said...

Good luck with the transition to work and to Nora's new school. Thank goodness for friends and family who can help in the meantime.

We had 8 weeks at home together before we both went back to work after Q was born. All I can say is be gentle with yourselves and with each other. You will be tired, but it is also nice to get back in to work and do non-baby things for part of your day.

But leaving them is hard, no doubt.

Thinking of you.

Love,
meg

Anonymous said...

Hello Loves,
Ok, I'm all emotional about seeing my little one, and not being around to actually see her. She is growing up and doing so much. What a lovely babe all dressed uo in her cheer leaders outfit. *Sigh* keep the pictures coming for this long distance gra ma. One of the hardest things you'll do is leave Nora as you go off to work, and even though you'll do it everyday it doesn't get easier. I remember leaving a certin little girl at college and crying all the way back home but if you remember to always kiss her on your way out of the door it will make the reunion all the sweeter. To this day the first thing I do when I get to see my little girl is kiss her then everything seems to be better. I look forward to out reunion in November. counting down the days. Till then loving you all. Mama