Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Bunch of Firsts

Two weeks ago, Eleanor started baby food. She took to it right away and here is a picture from her very first attempt at cereal. She ate it voraciously and now also eats carrots. My strategy for feeding our kid comes down to three things: (1) try one new thing a week, (2) stick with vegetables for now, and (3) make the stuff at home. I swear this is not any soapbox, but I have given a lot of thought to how I will combat Nora's genetic predisposition toward diabetes with good habits and intelligent choices. I have concluded that if Eleanor is going to develop healthy eating habits, she will do it by eating fresh food. This should also help Geoff and I get back on track with our own health and wellness. It's a Grove Family Affair for eating better in 2008!


Another fun thing Nora has been up to is to spend lots of time jumping in her jumpy seat. Seriously she loves this thing and jumps for what seems like an eternity before she poops out and starts eating the tag inside the seat. It's very entertaining and we have video, which we are trying to post--stay tuned!















This picture shows off my new haircut. I waited until she was 6 months old, but I finally got the Mommy haircut. I knew I was doing it and I am glad I did. I like it on me and it is a wash-n-wear cut which I need.


















Another first for our girl in the last week or so was her very FIRST Ohio State Men's Hockey game. Here she is with Daddy in her OSU mittens (it was very cold that night) and Buckeye sweater/hat. We really enjoyed the game and she fell asleep in the second period, so we left. She is a big fan of the band!


And, here is our girl smiling, probably because of a game her Daddy is playing with her. She adores several things he does, including singing, dancing, playing peek-a-boo, and tickling her. There is a lot of laughing at our house these days. She laughs, which makes us laugh, which makes her laugh even more. It is a vicious cycle, but we are all having loads of fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the haircuts on both my girls. Why doesn't Geoff have the hat I made him on? LOL or at least Eleanoe? Tee~Hee. Already feeding her food that's a milestone happy everyone looks so good cant wait to see you in only 6 months :( Loving you all Mama

Meg Weber Jeske said...

Love your haircut, Wendy. It's so cute on you! Food already? She is growing so fast. We make most of Q's food at home too, and it is pretty satisfying. Sending lots of love.

Meg

Kathleen said...

Love the hair... it is so NOT mom hair! Looks, GREAT!

Troy said...

I, too, am loving the hair! Looks great on you!

Agh! Nora is just too cute. So glad to hear that you're loving being a mom.