Friday, May 16, 2008

The Bestest Day Ever

I had the bestest day ever last week on Mother's Day. After being totally jazzed about sending a gift to my Mama that made her cry (always a sign it was a good gift), Geoff and I got to have a night to ourselves Saturday. We attended our friends' wedding in Akron where we drank too much, ate too much, and sang karaoke (yeah, how cool is that at a wedding?). Then, on our way back home, we went and picked up Nora, who stayed with her cousins and Aunt & Uncle (thanks guys!) overnight. They made us steaks and we had a nice brunch. Once home, I saw two cards: one addressed to Mama and the other to w-love. They both made me cry (always a sign it was a good card). My husband rocks. Geoff got me a gift card to Kenneth's, so I can get my toes and a massage done. Eleanor got her Mama Lion King tickets for a matinee show in September (for which her Mama has been hinting rather loudly about for weeks)! I am sooooo excited to take EKG to the play/musical, I think she will be captivated by it all. Believe it or not, she will be 14 months old by then *gasp* So, it was the bestest day ever, my first as a mama with a baby on the outside (EKG was on the inside this time last year) and it was wonderful. The holiday itself now ranks among my top 3: right after my birthday and Christmas Eve. We have pictures, we have just been super busy. Here is one Eleanor's teacher sent via email the other day. Doesn't she look like she knows something the rest of us don't?

No comments: