Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Puttin' on Pounds (and ounces)

Friday we had an ultrasound that was done by a new tech, but we were still able to see "chubby cheeks" and a big belly on Baby Grove. Grandpa Grove joined us for the appointment and really enjoyed seeing the baby. Weighing in at 3 lbs., 7 oz., he/she (no, we did not find out the baby's sex, although they ask us if we want to everytime!) is about 1 week ahead of schedule size-wise. That is a whole 8 ounces gained in about a month! *clap*clap* That is not too small nor too big, so I guess we are doing what we should be doing and growing. Speaking of growing, the baby's mama (me, although I prefer the more anonymous tone of saying the baby's mama) has gained EIGHT pounds in 6 weeks. While it is true I seem hungry all of the time, seeing that on the scale has been a bit shocking. Again, no one in the OB office seems the least bit concerned, although that brings my total weight gain for baby up to 26 pounds. I blame (1) my new craving for ice cream and (2) having no pup to make me want to take a walk. *sigh* People keep saying, "enjoy it!" and "eat!" and so, I do.

In other baby news, Geoff and I, in afternoon emails, began passing adoptable dog pictures back and forth from various rescue & Humane Society websites. Stay tuned for what happened next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to learn about our babies progress it makes me feel like I'm a part of everything. You know chubby cheeks are a trait of the Wehages so I can guess the kiddo already looks like us ~[;0
When you titled your Blog entry as "puttin on the pounds" I thought you were going to tell us that you were getting a new puppy from the pound, Isn't that silly?
Now I know you were sharing that the little one is growing fast and strong. I love that the little one is on traget. Hope your feeling good to. PS Geoff that Shirt doesn't make you look Fat. :)
All is well in Portland a beautiful day here with lots of sun. Keep the good news coming, it's my connection (AKA) imbilical cord (Tee~Hee)to you and all the current news
Love Grandma