Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Perfect Pup

Wendy picked me up at the airport last night and gave me some sad news, not about the baby which was my first fear when she started crying, but about Ianna. Sunday evening Ianna passed away sitting at her spot on the back yard porch. I'm glad I didn't find out before the long trek back from Europe but it was sureal finding out at the airport when she was second on my list of people I wanted to see.

I think Wendy gave Anna the nickname of "the perfect pup" and it was acurate. She knew when to snuggle with mom and when to 'rassle with dad. I have no doubt thast she played more of a role in my staying happy during the years Wendy was in Akron than I'll ever really know. Even when her boundless energy was driving us crazy we couldn't be mad because she was so full of life.

I have so many good memories of her it is hard to believe she was only in our life for 3 years. I'll try and write them down as I remember them here or somewhere. Ianna was our first true pet together and I know Wendy and I will never forget her. Below are a couple of pictures of Ianna we took last week and my favorite one of her from a couple years ago wearing one of my hats. We have some of her at the dog park the afternoon before she died. I'll edit those and post them soon.

In other news the baby is doing just fine, just a little sad they will never meet the perfect pup.



3 comments:

Troy said...

God, Geoff, I'm so sorry. That is horrible. I don't know what I would do if I lost Ruby. Sure, she drives us crazy sometimes, but she's part of the family.

Hope you are doing ok. Feel free to come over and 'rassle with Ruby if you need some dog time.

Meg Weber Jeske said...

It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet. I am so sorry.

Love,
Meg

Jean-Anne said...

I am reading this WAY late after the news. I am so, so, so sorry that you lost your dear girl pup. She was so damn sweet...it had to be a hard loss. I am so sorry...
ja