Friday, June 1, 2007

The Family Updates
















Hi everyone, we have updates on the entire family, so here are some recent pictures of all of us. Geoff and I are posed in downtown Columbus at our neighbor's wedding (congratulations Gavin & Sarah!). Baby Mookie is playing with the $35.00 "tuffy" toy that supposedly was created with seven layers of stitching for pups like ours who like to chew (yeah, that tuffy dinosaur is 4 days old in our house and almost destroyed). And, here are Charlie and I taking a nap. I tend to fall asleep a lot lately and the pup was keeping me company.

So...updates. The pups see their vet tomorrow, who happens to be another neighbor of ours, Andrea. She was so amazing when Anna died, we decided that she should be our pup's veterinarian. We're a tad worried about Mookie, who after almost 2 weeks of going 9 hours without an accident, has taken to relieving himself and drinking water on a constant basis, including while we are gone. I think it's just a bit out of the range of normal for a boy his age, so we'll see what she says.

Geoff started an obedience class this week and on Wednesday, he gets to take Charlie with him. It's a great training facility (Columbus All Breed Training Club) that is staffed by volunteers who have achieved certain requirements and Geoff says the demonstration with trained dogs was amazing. Once Charlie passes the obediance class, we can pay a membership fee and the whole family can take classes there for free. We are thinking Mookie would do great at agility, plus he is so smart, he would love the obediance classes. So, we have high hopes for our boys and are committed to working with both of them (and Mom!) everyday.

Baby Grove was checked out by his/her own doctor just yesterday. The baby looks great size wize and Dr. Vaneck actually said to me: "You have a great body for babies!" Perplexed, but oddly prideful, I said, "huh?" and she responded, "Your ribs are way up here and you have made lots of room for the baby." OK, well, I am happy to have a legitimate "reason" for these hips now. Who knew that I was just preparing for babies? In other news, the insulin I take daily continues to increase (3 injections a day now) but I have gotten into quite the routine and have to admit that I am enjoying a sweet or two more than I used to now.

Finally, Appointment overload: OB appointments are now every other week, but yesterday Dr. Vaneck told me that I have to start coming in an additional two times a WEEK for non-stress tests. The diabetes makes it necessary to check on the baby's heartbeat more frequently, so we'll go in twice a week to listen to the baby's heart for 20 minutes. Wow, I guess this means more time off work, but if it is what will ensure a safe and healthy baby at the end of the next 8 weeks, I'll do it. That's right folks, only EIGHT WEEKS left until we'll have pictures of sweet baby grove to share. *yay* Take Care all, Wendy

1 comment:

Jessie and David said...

You look great Mama! I hope Mookie is OK. Hopefully, we can get over to see you guys soon. We'd love to meet the "new arrivals". love , jess