Friday, June 29, 2007

Long Overdue

Hello everyone,
I am long overdue for a post and have some catching up to do. First of all, I want to thank my colleagues at the Ohio Department of Health, Bureau of Early Intervention Services for the baby shower they threw us June 18th. I have only been at this job six months and they celebrated this baby with Geoff and I as if they have known us for years. I ate cake and opened presents galore and really enjoyed the time together. Thank you all for your generosity and thoughtfulness.

In baby news, it has been a fun week or so. Last Thursday, I received a phone call from our OBGYN's nurse who informed me that she "had scheduled my C-section for July 11th at 11:00 am." Excuse me, a C-section???? I promptly called back to explain that a C-section had never once been discussed with me. After explaining the why's (baby is breech and at the 97th percentile for size), I told Geoff about it. So, we waited until Monday to talk with Dr. Vaneck our OBGYN. Well, turns out Dr. V had a death in the family and would not be in Monday, so I would need to be seen by another MD in the practice. Fine, but I didn't feel comfortable negotiating this kind of thing with someone stepping in just for the day. *sigh* So, after an exam, this doc said the baby felt head down, so we'll just keep that C-section scheduled anyway, but keep checking weekly. So...now, we are back to not knowing anything. The baby may be head down, may be breech. The baby may be born on July 11th or some other day between now and July 25th. The baby may be born via C-section or not! Guess we'll just wait and see :)

Finally, Geoff and I are trying to enjoy this time before baby with each other and the boys. Might try the dog park on July 4 since we both have the day off. We bought the pups a CD of baby sounds and they were immediately interested in where the noise was coming from, but then ignored the cooing and crying. It finally annoyed me, so I whined for Geoff to turn it off. Hopefully, I will be more tolerant of the baby crying than the random CD. And, being the very sweet Daddy that Geoff is, he also bought a DVD and book by They Might Be Giants of kids songs. They sing the best songs for kids and adults alike and we are not exactly Barney people. OK, lastly, the two other blogs we mention here have great new pictures of the babies our kid will be born between. Taryn Lynaugh playing at the waterpark is pretty damn cute and baby Frymyer showing his/her foot off on the ultrasound is amazingly sweet. Baby Grove will undoubtedly know and adore his/her urban brothers/sisters and its been fun watching the kids grow together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello again this is grandma
I hope we won't be celebrating the arrival of baby Grove on the 11th, Grandma doesn't fly in till the 12th not that should keep you from delivering if in fact it's your time but if a c-section is being planned could we request a later date? maybe? there's no way this comes out without sounding selfish, rude and a little snotty but would we be able to push the date forward a few?:)I hope you know and understand that any day our baby comes is perfect with me and I will celebrate with energy and enthusiasm. I'm just excited to be part of such a beautiful time and that I get to share and be part of that magic
Good to hear your spending time with the other boys in the household they will needs lots of attention as a new menber is added to the family but I don't think that is an issue. I see lots of park playing, ball tossing and stick chasing in all your futures
Take care and Grandma will be there in a little more that 300 hours. Loving you all Mookie, Charlie, Geoff and mama Wendy