Monday, June 11, 2007

This post has nothing to do with Paris Hilton . . .

. . so you probably just want to move on.

In real news (aka news that involves us), we had another ultrasound last Thursday. The baby is looking good although it is rather hard to see now that there isn't much room for him/her to move around. The estimated weight was 6 pounds and 2 ounces, give or take 16 ounces. Sounds damn big to me and I'm not the one carrying it around. This morning, Wendy had the first of her bi-weekly Non Stress Tests, something to do with sitting there with some electrodes and hitting a button when the baby moves . . .you can tell I'm an expert . Anyway, everything with the test went fine and the "baby is responsive." Good to know.

In the world of pups, our two boys are doing well. Full of energy, but they happily go into their crates when we leave for work or just need a nap. Remember the $30-something "indestructible" dinosaur Wendy mentioned? You an see the results of that in some pictures below. I've never spent so much time picking up fluff in my life.

In real important news, how about that last Sopranos episode? After realizing our cable did not go out at the end, I loved it! Vintage Sopranos/David Chase. Now what are we supposed to do with Sunday nights?

*Footnote from Wendy: A non-stress test is done where the baby is stimulated by an electric sound (I think) and they chart his/her heartbeat on an EKG machine. With me indicating when the baby moves, it is supposed to tell us if the baby is in distress (like we are after exercising) or not. Lucky for us, this baby is not distressed one bit and responded appropriately to the electric stimulation.































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O my goodness Charlie and Mookie really loved the stuffing out of that "indestructive" toy, but after I saw what they did to Lamby :( I can only imagine what that poor dinosaur went through. I laugh at the fact that you spent 35.00 on a toy for your boys. You might want to take it back to the store and show them what your puppies did.
Happy that your doing so good. and that the baby already at 6 lbs
the little one really grew in the last few weeks. Keep well and I'll see you 744 hours.
Mama