Monday, April 9, 2007

Baby's First Easter

I know that technically, this is not our baby's first Easter, but he/she got three Easter baskets, so I wanted to mention how very nice that was. Grandpa gave the baby candy and money, as well as candy for the mama in her favorite sugar free flavors. Aunt Pam & Uncle Scott gave us baby food, feeding spoons, bibs, and a soft cuddly peeps toy. And, grandma gave the baby lots of clothes and the sweetest little lamb we have ever seen. Anna wants it, but it has been hidden from her as to keep it free from drool for the little one.

In other news, I have registered at Target. I share this information not to prostitute gifts from you all, but to mention that babies seem to require their own mountain of stuff. I must have looked like a deer caught in headlights with my scanner device, staring at the wall of disposable diapers, then contemplating the various breast pumps (one side or two?), and did you even know about orthodontic binkies? I sure didn't! Two hours later and I registered for bunches of stuff, yet would love your suggestions regarding strollers, highchairs, car seats, and diaper bags. I think I have resigned myself to finding these items at garage sales this spring as I do not have the energy or desire to do the market research and select the best product. Keep the names coming! I love, love, love your suggestions!

--Wendy

1 comment:

Jodi McMonkey McBean said...

I've caved and signed up for a gmail account just so I can finally leave y'all some comments. (I have however chosen to use a psuedonym...one you will be quite familiar with after you read the Sneetches 6,835,901 times to your sweet child)...So, on the "gear": 1) a highchair with the removable 'top' from the tray is quite convenient for washing, 2) the travel system strollers are well worth it as it is so convenient in the first 8 months or so to not have to take baby out of the carseat with handle-thing in order to try to get them in the stroller, especially if the weather is bad 3) definately hit up the yard sales AND look around for a high quality re-sale shop for children's items

having said all that, let me add that babies really don't "need" much of that stuff at all...just your milkiness and for goddess sake, get a sling you hippies!!!