Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Naming Baby Grove

Here are some of the great suggestions for Baby Grove's name from friends (and newspapers):

sutcliff said...
If it is a boy....how about Ellis, Gavin, or Maddox?
For a girl....Adain, Rhainnon, or Brin?

Keri (a.k.a Grandma) said...
If it's a girl... I'd like to suggest KerWen (Karen) a combination of the Grandma (Ker) and mama (Wen)dy. Or Kersie, for the two grandma's again Keri and Susie Tee~Hee. Isn't Gramma funny?
For a boy... I might suggest GeRon for grandpa Ron and Papa Geoff :)
Or, you might want to come up with something not so.. well, silly. I have lots of other ideas rolling around in my head, I'll share them later.

P.S. To my dear children, Please remember when thinking of names for the little one that your grandma Keri has trouble sometimes with her "R"s and would hate to think he/she would have to grow up believing it has two names, the one that everyone call them, and the one grandma calls them. To our friends: This came in response to my teasing my sweet Mama about her inability to say the name Rory...it ends up sounding like War-We and Geoff and I like to tease her and say that is what Baby Grove will be named. Of course we wouldn't do that!!!

Shelley said...
Wendy and Geoff - I love the blog -I am so happy to hear you are all doing well and I feel connected through the blog -so thank you! Names - since I am done having babies -I'll share my names which will probably end up as dog names someday...
Boy: Tucker, Jack and Luca (or Lucas)
Girl: Delaney, Sadie, Sofie and Lucy (already a dog name in our house)
Take care - and have fun. See you soon

And, from the Great State of Alabama, where our friend Ariane teaches currently and where Geoff and I saw the TIDE ROLL over and lose to Mississippi State last year:
FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2007
Tim and Hannah Witt showed they are "die-hard fans" of the Crimson Tide by naming their first son Tyde and their second son Saban, after head coach Nick Saban.

In the April 10, 2007 Columbus Dispatch...a story told of a few Columbus families have taken to naming their kids after Ohio State football coaches, including the newly named Tressel Hayes.

Dave Amicon, our friend and bar owner suggested Elliot because all kids named Elliot are smart

Sarah Wachunous, a friend of ours, suggested Matthew for a boy or Sarah or Quinn for a girl.

Grandpa Grove suggested Scarlet Anne so the baby girl could have a name close to scarlet and Gray, the colors of OSU!

And Jeremy, inspired by our Cinderella or Tesla post offered these: Wacko would be a good name if it's a boy, that was the name of Raven's drummer, a great (well, so-so) 80's band. And, if it's a girl, Butterfly Meriweather, which is what the Dead Milkmen's guitarist called himself on one of their albums.
GREAT suggestions everyone! I'll be honest and tell you that some have made the list and some, well, I hope you're kidding. Ta ta for now, Wendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few more thoughts about Baby Grove Names: boy names:
OSU well for Oregon State Univ or Ohio, Next "Buck" you can guess the reason behind that one. how about Rudd with the middle initial "E" just e, Wendy will like understand this one maybe, here's some more Nyle, Gresham, Cullan, Furgus, Lennon, or Henry.
For Girls think about Baylyn, Madeline, Arysin, Rydon, do you like any of these

Itsacin said...

Don't forget APPLE Grove.....lol...

Jodi McMonkey McBean said...

You have gathered some great names here! Let me just add a few to the mix, having been inspired by Grandma's combination method with a focus on both of your tenures at the University of Akron:

Johndy: a little bit of John and Rudy

Becre: Becky and Andre rolled into one

Ancky: see above

or how about what I think is my personal favorite:

Dananne: i mean who can't think fondly of dana and suzanne