Friday, April 6, 2007

Cinderella or Tesla?

Baby names are a great diversion. Although I am pretty sure Baby Grove is coming out a boy, without confirming that with anyone, it really amounts to a 50-50 shot he/she is a girl. So, I am sure you've heard of this couple in Sweden (or somewhere over there) who is trying to name their kid Metallica. Well, I say, let 'em. If I were naming my kid after an 80's rock band, I might choose Cinderella or Tesla, mostly because Geoff admits to being a fan back in the day. My brother might argue that Metallica is not an 80s band, but I'll take that debate. But, I digress, let me update you on our baby's heart.

The famous Dr. Warner (I don't actually know if he is famous, but I am making him famous here), a fetal cardiologist, met with us yesterday to look over the kids' heart: ventricles, aorta, valves and such. He said that everything looks great! *YAY* Way to go, kid! Everything is developed as it should be (exhale) and while uncontrolled blood sugars can weaken the heart muscle, this would be just a transient, or temporary, condition that the baby would grow out of (exhale). *YAY* Since I don't plan on having uncontrolled blood sugars, I think we are doing great!

So, keep growin' kid, we'll see you in another month (imagine it, no doctor visits for 4 whole weeks!!). Love, your very proud Mama

P.S. Any and all name suggestions will be taken via email or commenting on the blog and posted here in a few days or weeks. So, suggest away. You may have heard that the front runner is Mookie or Santonio Holmes Grove. It's true. I am leaning toward Tesla for a girl, given the cool scientists' contributions and all...

6 comments:

sutcliff said...

If it is a boy....how about Ellis, Gavin, or Maddox?

For a girl....Adain, Rhainnon, or Brin?

C & N

Jodi said...

Wendy & Geo - What fabulous news you have had over the last few days! Ben and I are so excited for you and are glad baby Grove is healthly (mama too!). We think of you often and hope to see you when we are home to visit in June. Love to all - Jodi & Ben

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiddos,
This is Gramdma If it's a girl I'd like to suggest KerWen (Karen) a combination of the Grandma (Ker)and mama (Wen)dy see kerwen. or Ker-sie, for the two grandma's again Keri and Susie Tee~Hee. Isn't gramma funny? For a boy I might suggest GeRon for grandpa Ron and Papa Geoff :) or you might want to come up with something not so.. well, silly
I have lots of other ideas rolling around in my head, I'll share them later.
So happy to hear alll is wonderful. see you in July
Love Mama

Anonymous said...

To my dear children, this as a post script: Please remember when thinking of names for the little one that your grandma Keri has trouble sometimes with her "R"s and would hate to think he/she would have to grow up beliving it has two names, the one that everyone call them, and the one grandma calls them. Much Love, Gram

Shelley said...

Wendy and Geoff - I love the blog -I am so happy to hear you are all doing well and I feel connected through the blog -so
thank you!

Names - since I am done having babies -I'll share my names which will probably end up as dog names someday...
Boy: Tucker, Jack and Luca (or Lucas)
Girl: Delaney, Sadie, Sofie and Lucy (already a dog name in our house)
Take care - and have fun. See you soon

Stacy Keenan said...

Hi Geoff & Wendy! I'm finally logging in to your blog and chiming in on the great naming debate. I must admit that I was happily surprised to see Tesla as a frontrunner. Ryan is a huge 80s band fan as well as a science lover so he would definitely approve. In fact, he wanted to name our daughter Tesla and it stayed on our list for a long time but we ended up going with Alena instead. He is still holding out hope for the next one though : ) I am sure that whatever name you choose it will fit your little Baby Grove perfectly! Glad to hear all is going well!

Take care - Stacy